Today was Big Sister Preparation Class for Cate. We did something similar with Max prior to Cate's birth in New Jersey and he seemed to like it, so I found a class here for Cate to participate in. Max did a small tour for older siblings about a month ago to become familiar with the hospital I would be going to as this class for Cate was meant for younger aged siblings.
As we walked into the hospital, I snapped this shot of her in her diva sunglasses!
She first decorated a frame to put a picture of herself and Max to put in the baby's room. Then, they watched a video called Sibling Silliness that focused on how to act around a new baby and what the transition of adding a new family member would be like. Then, they had storytime that was all about how we hold a baby, what we can and can't touch on a baby, what a baby can and can't eat or play with. After all this, the siblings learned how to swaddle and hold a baby. Of course, "lovey" was with us and she had to wrap her up with the baby doll!
After that, we went on a tour of the hospital to see the room where Mommy will be staying and the nursery where the baby may go.
At the end of the class, she got a Big Sister certificate, rubber bracelet, and badge. They were also given a surgical mask, hat, and gown. I quietly asked the instructor if I could at least get a Big Brother badge for Max so he would have one for the hospital and they ended up giving me everything for him as well. So, we showed him all of the goodies when we got back home.
I think these two are going to be Super Siblings!!!!
As we walked into the hospital, I snapped this shot of her in her diva sunglasses!
She first decorated a frame to put a picture of herself and Max to put in the baby's room. Then, they watched a video called Sibling Silliness that focused on how to act around a new baby and what the transition of adding a new family member would be like. Then, they had storytime that was all about how we hold a baby, what we can and can't touch on a baby, what a baby can and can't eat or play with. After all this, the siblings learned how to swaddle and hold a baby. Of course, "lovey" was with us and she had to wrap her up with the baby doll!After that, we went on a tour of the hospital to see the room where Mommy will be staying and the nursery where the baby may go.
At the end of the class, she got a Big Sister certificate, rubber bracelet, and badge. They were also given a surgical mask, hat, and gown. I quietly asked the instructor if I could at least get a Big Brother badge for Max so he would have one for the hospital and they ended up giving me everything for him as well. So, we showed him all of the goodies when we got back home.
I think these two are going to be Super Siblings!!!!













5 comments:
I agree, because Cate is so excited over "her baby" and Max is already a great Big Brother. Love you
I know I haven't been around much lately, but I love your daughter's short haircut! It's so cute in these pictures.
That's such a great idea. And I, for one, totally dig Cate's diva sunglasses. ;)
Oh that's cute - and what a great idea!
I think Hailey and Cate might have been separated at birth! Love the Diva shot!
Post a Comment