August 22, 2010

Coming Home

After 3 nights in the hospital, it was time to come home! We were very anxious to get home to our kids, our bed, our things. We were also very excited to introduce the little guy to his new surroundings.

But before we could leave, Mommy had to be discharged by this guy, her wonderful obstetrician, Dr. Fleming.

Since I had a c-section, I needed ice packs for my incision, and since I am not nursing, I got very engorged and therefore needed ice packs for my chest (I know, I know...TMI)! But, I found this picture very humorous!

We got all packed up and ready to head home.

We were greeted at our home by this guy...compliments of my sister-in-law and mother.

After our first day at home, he got all snuggly for the first night in his bassinet!


5 comments:

Kat said...

So, so cute! What a precious little angel.

I like the pic with the ice packs too. hehe You poor thing! I hope you are healing well. :)

Terra said...

precious moments! Treasure them

jen@odbt said...

Ha - I remember those ice packs. He is so cute - love his cheeks.

Such The Spot said...

You looked fabulous; if only I could look so good right after I delivered!

PS. {More monkey outfits}!

Lindsay said...

Oh - so happy for you guys - he's just perfect. Love the ice packs, btw :-) I never got those!