November 30, 2010

I am thankful!


The Thursday before Thanksgiving was the annual preschool Thanksgiving Feast. We enjoyed sharing this wonderful celebration the 2 years that Max was there. Now, it was Cate's turn. They did things a little differently this year, but it was just as memorable and sweet.

This time around, the children performed songs in their classroom in their handmade Thanksgiving garments! They sang, "I am Thankful" and "The Little Acorn Song" and did the "Turkey Pokey". Of course, our little performer sang and danced her little heart out!

After their songs, each child told what they were thankful for. If you remember last year, she was thankful for zebras. This year, she was thankful for waterfalls, Star Wars and churches. At least she had her "faith" in there somewhere, but what am I, chopped liver?!

Then, they munched on muffins and juice while the parents had some time to spend with their little ones. I will always remember these special little programs and I know I will miss them once they get older.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little Pilgrim. You have time left with Cate and then a few years with Will. But time does fly.

Kat said...

Aww. How cute is she? Cute as a button! What a doll!

I love those little programs too. Something I will miss as well. :(

jen@odbt said...

Just as cute as last year. I love her thankful lists...that would be a great page in her memory book.

Terra said...

a lovely moment in time for sure!