This past weekend, we took the kids to the Lego store to pick out some gifts for 2 birthday parties that Max is attending this coming weekend. We also told Max he could look around and give us some ideas for his birthday/Christmas wish list.
Wow...did he ever come up with a list. In fact, the top thing on the list is this:
Care to take a guess at how much it costs?

Well, it is $399.99 and close to 4000 pieces!
So, we told Max he could put it on the list, but don't be surprised if he doesn't get it...it is EXPENSIVE.
His reply...well, that's ok. "If my friends don't have enough money to buy it, they can start a lemonade stand to earn money for it!"
To that, we responded, "It may still be too much money!"
Then came the zinger, "Well, then I'll just ask Santa for it...he doesn't need money to buy it, he just builds it in his workshop!"
Touche, son, touche! That'll teach us to suggest making a list with ANYTHING he wants!
Wow...did he ever come up with a list. In fact, the top thing on the list is this:
Care to take a guess at how much it costs?

Well, it is $399.99 and close to 4000 pieces!
So, we told Max he could put it on the list, but don't be surprised if he doesn't get it...it is EXPENSIVE.
His reply...well, that's ok. "If my friends don't have enough money to buy it, they can start a lemonade stand to earn money for it!"
To that, we responded, "It may still be too much money!"
Then came the zinger, "Well, then I'll just ask Santa for it...he doesn't need money to buy it, he just builds it in his workshop!"
Touche, son, touche! That'll teach us to suggest making a list with ANYTHING he wants!














8 comments:
Wouldn't SANTA enjoy putting that together on Christmas Eve. Remember the Millenium Falcon for David. Love, Mom
Oh boy - that's a doozie. I have a hard time with the simple lego sets. It's so funny how kids think - everything he said made sense. Maybe start off with a smaller Star Wars set then work your way from there.
I can't let Cavett see this or he will be the same way. I'm even afraid to take him into the lego store, because he loves his battleship so much. Legos are expensive!
Thank you so much for your comments yesterday. It really wasn't so much the kids. It is just me. But, I'll get over it though. You're too sweet to offer!
Hi Allison - I just read about your miscarriage - I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please know I am thinking of you and your family. I've sort of been out of touch lately.
It sounds like you're doing some better now and wish you the very best.
Ouch!
That is hilarious! I know the big sets cost a ton...there is a ferris wheel Lauren wants and it is $300 too...the Eifel and town plan set us back a bit (or santa anyway) too!
Oh, Tim loves legos! I didn't know that they'd burn a whole through the entire wallet!! We're doomed....
Do they even make the "plain vanilla" sets of Legos any more, those without a theme/movie/video game association. My very favorite Lego-building-events were with a friend's son building houses, tractors, planes, etc straight from our heads, no instructions at all! That tells you that I'm an old fogey, doesn't it.....
Post a Comment