September 21, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was sure eventful.

Saturday morning, Max asked to eat at a "diner". Since we really don't have the kind of diners they do in New Jersey, we opted for Breadwinners. It is a local bakery/bistro. The kids enjoyed their pancakes and Matt and I enjoyed the family time and silly conversations.

After breakfast, we headed to a birthday party for one of Max's best friends. It was at a pizza/arcade/Chuck E. Cheese-esque place. Max and Cate had a ball running around with their friends and playing all the games. Once again, Matt and I enjoyed some good conversations with the parents.

Once home, Cate took a nap and Max played while she slept. After she woke up, we headed for my aunt and uncle's house. They were keeping them overnight since Matt and I were hosting a couple's game night at our house that evening. They love going over there. My aunt is a Kindergarten teacher and always has fun crafts or activities to play. Heck...she did those same sort of things when I was little and visiting them! So, needless to say, it is never hard for us to leave them there.

On the way home, we stopped at the local market and grabbed some munchies and sweets for the party we were hosting. It was originally intended to be our bi-annual game night. However, we unintentionally scheduled it for the same night as the Texas Tech vs. University of Texas football game. This is a big game in our house...our house divided, that is. I went to Tech and Matt got his MBA from UT. So, it ended up being a game night duo. We paused the football game to play "Salad Bowl" (thank goodness for DVR) and then watched the game afterward! We probably would have eliminated "Salad Bowl" altogether, but one of the couples is moving and they wanted to play it one last time. We are so going to miss them! Unfortunately for me, Tech lost, but it was a good showing! At least it wasn't a slaughter!

Then, on Sunday, we slept in and then met my aunt and uncle for lunch at Red Robin to pick up the kids. We had a great lunch with them. They had spoiled the kids with treats and gifts...thanks a lot, Linda!

On the way home, Cate fell asleep and so we drove around for awhile running a few errands. We had told the kids that we would take them to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" or go to a putt-putt golf course. But, Max complained of an "icky tummy". So, we decided just to play at home. About 20 minutes later, Matt asked me where Max was and I said that I thought I heard him in the bathroom upstairs. Not 5 seconds later, Max screams out for me and I go up to find that he has vomitted all over the bathroom floor! He said he felt much better. However, he kept getting sick. He turned a very sallow, pale color. He didn't have a fever, but couldn't keep anything down. We were on the verge of taking him to the ER for dehydration, but called the doctor first. They said that based on his symptoms and the fact that he didn't have a fever, it was most likely a stomach virus and to just keep an eye on him and to keep him home from school. So, Matt went out and got some Gatorade. He was able to keep some of it down and slept pretty soundly all night. He only got sick once in the night.

Today, his coloring is better and he hasn't been sick since 12:45 last night. He has had some dry cereal this morning and more Gatorade, but still doesn't have a huge appetite. I called the school and kept him home today, which he was a little sad about, but I told him that as long as he feels better by tonight, he can go tomorrow!

So, that was our weekend's ups and downs! How was yours?

2 comments:

Terra said...

oh we have some sickies too. nothing worse.

jen@odbt said...

I'm going to have to give Salad Bowl a whirl soon. Sounds so much fun! Hope Max is feeling better soon! PS: My husband read that there was some questionable language in CWACOM. Do you think that would go over Max's head? I know my 8 y.o. would pick up on it...