December 6, 2009

"It's not going in our yard, Russ..."

"...it's going in our living room!

To quote a line from one of the best Christmas movies of all time, "Christmas Vacation"! At least in my opinion it is.

Friday night, we met up with Matt at a local tree lot to choose our tree for this year. Two years ago, we chose a Noble Fir and really liked the texture, the fullness and the shape. So, this year, we had the same idea.

It was pretty cold, but we did find one to suit us pretty fast! They trimmed a little off the bottom to give it a fresh cut, they loaded it on top of my car and we made the trek home.


Unlike Clark Griswold, we didn't forget a saw or have to uproot the tree to get it home, and we didn't break any windows when putting it in the stand! We managed just fine!


In the next few days, I'll post pictures of the finished tree along with some of my favorite ornaments and the stories behind them!

3 comments:

Terra said...

we finished ours today and I can't get a picture of it lit...itis driving me nuts...we have several cool cameras one is an slr but all the pictures look funky....ARGH.

Cathy said...

Very pretty. Looks like it fits the spot perfectly. Can't wait to see it decorated.

Kat said...

I love that movie! I knew your quote right away. We've already watched it four times this year. ;)

Beautiful tree!