December 17, 2009

The Big Man in Red

As many of you may recall this post recalling all of our Santa experiences up to last year.

I still love looking back year to year and see how the kids reacted and those priceless looks and stories.

This year was a little different. Since Max's birthday party was a Polar Express theme, we arranged for Santa to make an appearance. This was going to be our "Santa pictures" for this year. I mean, why go to the mall to see Santa and pay to get those pictures, when he would be at our home and I could get my own pictures?

My plan worked...well, at least it worked half-way!

As you may remember, Max was in absolute awe that Santa came to his birthday party! And we got the best photo of this little encounter. I will never forget it.

However, Cate sat on my lap for most of the other kids' pictures, but when it came close to being her turn to sit on his lap in her pajamas and tell him her wish, she overheard the subtle announcement that birthday cake was about to be served and it was a lost cause after that!

So, being the scrapbooking/blogging/sentimental mom that I am, I couldn't NOT have a photo of her with Santa this year. Plus, I knew this year she would be all about sitting on his lap and letting him know that she wanted a "tea party". Therefore, after her Christmas program today, the two of us headed to a local mall to see him.

As expected, she ran right up to him. She told him that she was two (holding up both forefingers) and about to be "fwee" (or three in Cate-speak) as she does to most everyone she greets! Then, she hopped up in his lap and began to tell him all about the "tea party" she so desperately wants him to make in his workshop!

Then, the most priceless photo was captured...and yes, unlike my original plans, I had to pay the fee to get it....but totally worth it!

5 comments:

Terra said...

of course you had to pay. They always make us pay don't they!!!

jen@odbt said...

So cute! That is definitely one for her scrapbook .

Anonymous said...

Oh, Allison....totally worth every penny! Michelle Morrison

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Wonderful!!
I know you are just smilin' knowing you got a great picture.

Kat said...

That is a perfect shot! And what a fabulous santa! WOW! :)