Early Christmas morning, we heard the pitter patter of little feet in the hallway above us, so Matt and I jumped up to get the cameras before the kids beat us to the living room. We caught them at the top of the stairs and told them to hold on until we could get Will up. Then, they ran down the stairs to find a letter from Santa which read:
Dear Max and Cate,
I have been checking my list and the elves have checked it twice and both of you have been on the nice list. Moby Dick has been watching extra carefully and letting me know how hard you are both trying to be a good boy and girl. When I saw you at Breakfast, you both told me you wanted bikes for Christmas this year. Max, I believe you asked for a blue and white big boy bike and Cate, if I recall you asked for a Barbie bike with streamers and a Barbie pouch. You have both earned these bikes. I know you are here visiting your grandparents for Christmas and that you had to fly on an airplane to get here. So, I delivered your bikes to your house in Plano and you will see them when you get home. In the meantime, I left you a bunch of goodies in your stockings!
Merry Christmas,
Mr. C
PS Those cookies were especially tasty this year!
They were very excited to hear about the bikes, but even more so to get started in the stocking and present mayhem!
Among some of the favorites were kooky pens, R2D2 Trouble and teething toys...
Clue Junior, Mini American Girl Felicity, with hugs and kisses galore.....
barnyard stackers, a seashell and sand keepsake (picked out by Max for Cate), Stormtrooper bobblehead, and Old McDonald fingerpuppet glove....
Other favorites not pictured were:
Matching sleeping bags for Cate and her dolls
Nintendo DSi games
more teething toys
puzzles
American Girl Bitty Baby doctor kit
Magic Treehouse books
How to Train Your Dragon DVD
Annie DVD
We opted this year to refrain from giving the adults gifts as we don't really need anything. However, I did get a fun gift from the kids to their grandparents....a street sign that reads: Nonnie and PopPop's Place, which was a huge surprise and a hit with them!
After all those gifts were opened, we got dressed and headed to Matt's brother's house for brunch, which was followed by Christmas Day Mass and dinner later that evening.



















No comments:
Post a Comment