August 22, 2009

In Memory

We received the most beautiful white roses from some very dear friends today. I have been so blessed with the most generous outpouring of prayers, phone calls and gestures that it is almost hard to process. We are truly lucky to have such wonderful friends and family surrounding us with their love and support.

Thank you to all of you who have commented or sent personal emails to me. I am sorry that I am not able to respond to each and every one of you at this time. I am still working on the strength to just get through it day by day. May God bless each and every one of you!

Just before going into surgery, Matt recited a scripture to me to give me a little bit of peace before going under....

For I have plans for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. --Jeremiah 29:11

God does have a plan for us and we trust in His plan.

6 comments:

Julie From Inmates said...

Beautiful flowers... sad occasion. =( Thinking of you today and praying that you feel better soon.

Such The Spot said...

I second what Julie said. Hope you're doing okay. Hugs.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

((HUG))

I'm so-so very sorry.

Kat said...

Just thinking about you today. My family prayed for you and your family last evening.

Kat

Leslee P said...

allison,

i am so sorry to hear this. i have not been blogging in a while and I just had a big cry for you. my heart is aching for you right now. i will pray for you and your families healing during this dificult time.

Terra said...

Hang in there Allison - you have a lot of support and abeautiful family.