
Well, this week, it wasn't hard to remember to get me in the picture, since most of the pictures were of me. It was my birthday on Monday!
Saturday afternoon, the kids and Matt surprised me with my gifts a little early. I got a new toy and some flowers from the kids.
Saturday afternoon, the kids and Matt surprised me with my gifts a little early. I got a new toy and some flowers from the kids.
I also got some really special cards! Let me explain...while looking for the perfect card from himself, he let the kids choose their own cards.Cate chose a sweet Cinderella card which read:
You're happy as a fairy tale, enchanting as a magic spell, graceful as a slippered shoe, Granddaughter, you're a dream come true!
Max chose a very pretty card which read:
For You, Mother
God bless Mother, head held high, shoulders back, hands to the sky,
God bless Mother, portrait of blackness, beauty, grace and love.
Mother, you model the pride of our race, the joy of our spirit, our beauty, our grace. You walk with the Lord, and His glory shines through in each word that you speak, in each deed that you do.
Have a Beautifully Blessed Birthday
(on the back, I noticed that it was a Hallmark Mahogany card)
However, they chose them, so that made them special.
We had dinner that night at PF Changs with my parents, who were in for a wedding, and my brother, sister-in-law, and niece. After dinner, they surprised me with a piece of the "The Great Wall of Chocolate" with a candle. It was a really fun weekend. I enjoyed it all!For more photos with moms, click the button at the top to visit Forever in Blue Jeans.














12 comments:
I think those were great! You probably are a wonderful granddaughter after all!!!
Cate and my mom will forever be linked and maybe that was a card from the two of them-- I thought about that later after I had finished laughing over the humor of it all. You are also a credit to your race but not tanenough for the word blackness---but the sentiments were so sweet and to think they picked them out just for you. You need to keep them forever and show them to your kids when they are older.
What a great celebration - well deserved. I'm loving the pic of you and Max blowing out your candle together.
Aww..that is just too funny and sweet! I love the card thing!
those are really cool and sweet photos! what a lovely family!
u may view mine if u have time
I bet you got a kick out of those cards NOW, but your kids will get a kick out of them LATER. How special that they were truly handpicked just for you!
Happy Birthday!!!
Haha! Those cards are awesome! I'm gonna let my kids pick my hubby's cards from now on. That is so cute!
Glad to hear you had a nice birthday.
Happy Belated Birthday! :)
I love it when Steve lets the kids pick out my cards. I have ended up with Get Well cards, cards for Grandparents, and Goodbye cards, but never a Mahogany card... Maybe this year!!
Happy Birthday again!
those cards are great...and it is so sweet that they picked them out all on their own! ;)
i LOVE the idea of getting in pictures w/ your kids. i have almost NO pics of me and my kids...b/c i am always taking the photos (well, OK..that and the fact that i detest having my picture taken!).
have a great trip to WDW! :)
Glad you had a fun weekend!
Those cards the kids picked out are wonderful, but I did laugh out loud as I read the one that Max picked out for you!! So Sweet to have a loving family.
Oh that is so great!!! What a memory you will have of all the hand picked cards, always a smile to go with that memory. Looks like a wonderful celebration, great pics.
The cards are HILARIOUS! Good for Matt for letting them do that...
Post a Comment