Anyway, in years past, the children have all dressed as Native Americans. However, this year, the kids got to choose...and Max chose to be a pilgrim! He told me that he was an "army pilgrim, you know the one with the gun!" I figured out he had seen pictures of the pilgrims with muskets and he must have decided (in his mind) this meant he was in the army! There were still kids as Native Americans and the little girl pilgrims with their bonnets were so cute, too!
They got to share this feast with their prayer partners. These are 7th graders that are sort of a mentor to them. They sit with them at mass each week during school and various other activities. Max's prayer partner is Thomas and he looks up to him and thinks he is "super cool guy!" The kids also made their prayer partners a turkey card expressing their thanks and appreciation for them!














2 comments:
That is adorable. I wish our school did a Thanksgiving feast. Love the pics of the kids all "dressed" up.
That is so sweet. I love the idea of older kids as prayer partners.
Post a Comment