
What I learned this week is that it IS all worth it.
Yes, bedrest sucks.
Yes, I have missed some of my older kids' end of year events at school.
Yes, I have been an emotional wreck.
Yes, I am bored.
BUT....I just have to remember that it is all worth it to get this little monkey here safe!
Today, was my regularly scheduled 28 week visit to the doctor, but we also decided to do a 3D sonogram. I didn't get this opportunity with my first two and since this child will be the baby of the family and may get jipped on things like new toys, clothes, and a very detailed scrapbook (I am already 3 years behind on Max's and have barely started Cate's), that we would do this cool sonogram for him.
He wasn't as cooperative as he could have been. We were only able to get a 3/4 profile at any given time and lots of times, he had his hands and feet in front of his face. But, it was still worth the experience.
Afterwards, the doctor met with us and advised that I stay ON my meds to stop contractions and stay OFF my feet, as I have been doing. I will need to go back in 2 more weeks for another ultrasound to measure my cervix. Since I am still having contractions, though not as consistent or as frequent on the meds, he still wants to keep a close eye on my cervix to make sure it doesn't start prematurely opening and sending me into pre-term labor!
All in all though, little monkey looks great! His heartbeat is strong, he is a little mover, he is currently breech and folded in a yoga like pose!
So, even though I am SICK of lying/sitting around 24/7, bored out of my mind...just seeing that sweet peaceful face makes it all worth it! I just have to hang on a little bit longer.
Yes, bedrest sucks.
Yes, I have missed some of my older kids' end of year events at school.
Yes, I have been an emotional wreck.
Yes, I am bored.
BUT....I just have to remember that it is all worth it to get this little monkey here safe!
Today, was my regularly scheduled 28 week visit to the doctor, but we also decided to do a 3D sonogram. I didn't get this opportunity with my first two and since this child will be the baby of the family and may get jipped on things like new toys, clothes, and a very detailed scrapbook (I am already 3 years behind on Max's and have barely started Cate's), that we would do this cool sonogram for him.
He wasn't as cooperative as he could have been. We were only able to get a 3/4 profile at any given time and lots of times, he had his hands and feet in front of his face. But, it was still worth the experience.
Afterwards, the doctor met with us and advised that I stay ON my meds to stop contractions and stay OFF my feet, as I have been doing. I will need to go back in 2 more weeks for another ultrasound to measure my cervix. Since I am still having contractions, though not as consistent or as frequent on the meds, he still wants to keep a close eye on my cervix to make sure it doesn't start prematurely opening and sending me into pre-term labor!
All in all though, little monkey looks great! His heartbeat is strong, he is a little mover, he is currently breech and folded in a yoga like pose!
So, even though I am SICK of lying/sitting around 24/7, bored out of my mind...just seeing that sweet peaceful face makes it all worth it! I just have to hang on a little bit longer.
For more What I Learned, visit Julie at Inmates to Playdates.













7 comments:
Look at his precious face...yes, he makes it all worth it. I'm sorry you're missing all the end of year milestones but hopefully people are taking pictures/videos and I bet your kids are sharing it all with you when they come home. Hugs!
Amazing to see your little one!
Praying for his safe arrival, and at least you can blog and read blogs while you wait! What did we do before we blogged???!!!
I am so happy you had such a good appointment! And what an amazing picture! :)
keep resting.....
{{hugs}}
He's a beautiful little monkey :)
Good job, Mom.
3d sonograms are the best invention ever! I'm glad everything is still going ok. He looks wonderful!
Glad you are getting some ease-up on the contractions! It seems like just yesterday I was experiencing the same stuff. But you're right - it's ALL worth it!
Hang in there!
what a precious face he has! =)
I was on bed rest for 4 weeks with Stevie (he came 4 weeks early). It can be maddening. Hang in there girl.
Post a Comment