June 9, 2010

My Bump on Hump Day - 30 Weeks


I have made it to the 30's!!!!

Notice anything different in the picture? Well, not sure if you can see, but I am no longer able to wear my rings and to me it feels like the baby has dropped.

Anyway, I went in for my regular 30 week checkup yesterday. They did a sonogram at the beginning to check my cervix and measure the baby's development. My cervix is still measuring normal as is the baby. He is approximately 3 lb 6 oz. My amniotic fluid is on the low side, but still in the normal range. He is still breech, so we'll have to watch that as it gets closer.

I am still having daily contractions that are being somewhat minimized by my medication. However, they are still not putting me into pre-term labor. That said, he told me that unfortunately and fortunately, I am the only one suffering from the contractions. He is glad that the contractions and pressure haven't caused any detriment developmentally to the baby, but that he was sorry I was having to suffer through it.

Upon leaving the office, I figured since I wasn't hurting at the moment and I was already out of the house, that I would go have a quick pedicure/manicure, which I desperately needed. I can barely shave my legs, much less trim and polish my toes! I was going to be sitting the whole time in a massage chair no less. I had no problems there and felt so refreshed after a little pampering. However, as usual, I had hit my limit. Once I got home, I was wiped out and my ankles were pretty swollen and I was starting to have a few contractions. So, I took a small nap while my mom played with Cate and then picked Max up at day camp.

I go back in 2 more weeks. The doctor said he just wants me to get as far as I can. I just have to remind myself that each day and week is a huge step closer to a healthy baby!

3 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Adorable! Congrats on 30 weeks. Take it easy, there, girlie. That baby needs to bake for a few more weeks! :-)

Nutty Mom said...

So glad you're hanging in there! You look wonderful. I just want to encourage you to pay attention to your body and the baby. I had contractions from 14 weeks on with Wingnut and around 32 weeks his movements started significantly slowing down. As we got closer to his scheduled c-section he had almost stopped altogether. I was so swollen, sick, and in pain I knew something wasn't right. I practically had to fist fight my Dr to deliver him a few days earlier (at 36 weeks). I'm so thankful we did though because he was healthy and fine. You never know what could have been.

Lindsay said...

Yay for 30 weeks! I remember that "milestone" thinking I knew I'd have my baby in the 30's! Sounds like we have similar pregnancies - hang in there - as you know, they grow up too fast, and this too, shall pass!

My 1st was breech. They tried a "version" on her - didn't work. Stinker.