June 5, 2009

8 Simple Things

Darcie @ Such the Spot recently tagged me for this meme. I hadn't done one in a long time and thought this might fill the void that is currently in my brain for coming up with blog material!

Here are the rules. I need to come up with 8 things for the topics below then tag 8 people that I'd like to know more about! I hope you enjoy.

8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:

1. D23 Expo and Disneyland trip in September (just booked it yesterday)
2. Max going to summer day camp 5 days a week for 4 weeks this summer (yes, I'll miss him during the day, but I need to get used to it before Kindergarten starts)
3. Taking Max to his first two musicals this summer...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins
4. Having some girls only time weekend with my little angel and painting her toes for the first time (Max and Matt will be away in NJ).
5. Catching up on some scrapbooking this weekend.
6. Reuniting with my Disney gals (WDW College Program roomies from 1996) at WDW in November.
7. Watching this summer's season of So You Think You Can Dance!!!!
8. Meeting some bloggy friends for the first time face to face this summer(Jennifer@if you're happy and you know it and Jen@Our Daily Big Top).

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Watched Cate "get her float on" in her swimming refresher! Yeah, Cate!!!!
2. Had a playdate with some great friends!
3. Ate yummy Mexican food at Abuelo's
4. Packed the boys for the their trip
5. Tweeted
6. Read some great blogs
7. Paid some bills
8. Watched So You Think You Can Dance choose their top 20!!!!!

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Go to Ireland with Adventures by Disney
2. Catch up on my scrapbooking (2 years behind on Cate and 2 1/2 years behind on Max)
3. Dance like those on So You Think You Can Dance (can you tell I LOVE this show)
4. Go to NJ with the rest of the family this weekend to be at my nephew's first birthday party! (too expensive)
5. Win the lottery (don't we all?)
6. Cook like a chef
7. Remember how to play the piano (I used to when I was younger)
8. Be as laid back as my younger brother!

8 Shows I Watch:

1. So You Think You Can Dance (bet you didn't see that one coming...hehe)
2. Jon and Kate Plus 8
3. Cold Case
4. Survivor
5. The Closer
6. Ellen
7. General Hospital
8. CSI (All three series)

8 Favorite Fruits:

1. Watermelon
2. Bananas
3. Cantaloupe
4. Strawberries
5. Macintosh apples
6. Avocados (did YOU know that is a fruit?)
7. Grapes
8. Pineapple

8 Places I’d Like To Travel To:

1. Ireland
2. Germany
3. Amsterdam
4. Banff, Canada
5. Seattle
6. Walt Disney World at Christmas with my family (me too, Darcie!)
7. Australia and New Zealand
8. Chicago

8 Places I’ve Lived:

1. Hereford, TX (my hometown)
2. Washington, DC (freshman year of college at Catholic University of America)
3. Lubbock, TX (rest of college at Texas Tech University)
4. Orlando, FL (WDW College Program)
5. Dallas, TX (my first two apartments on my own while I worked for Hyatt and Crate and Barrel)
6. Austin, TX (while Matt was in grad school at Univ. of Texas after we got married, Max was born there)
7. Mahwah, NJ (our first house, where Cate was born)
8. Plano, TX (our current home)

8 People I am tagging:

1. Terra @ The Emerson Girls
2. Jo @ Forever Young
3. Jennifer @ if you're happy and you know it
4. Jen @ Our Daily Big Top
5. Stephanie @ Mommy Musings
6. Mamarazzi @ Dandelion Wishes
7. Vikki @ 2 Little Irish Boys
8. Julie @ Tales of Two T's

Have a great weekend and enjoy the beginning of your summer!

6 comments:

Missy said...

SYTYCD and watermelon...summer doesn't get any better!!!

Julie said...

So you like "So You Think You Can Dance" huh? LOL! I've never seen it. Abeulo's is yummy! I've only eaten there twice.

I did this tag before, but it was only half of the list! So weird. I'm glad it's 8 fruits & not 8 vegetables...that just might stump me. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me! Looking forward to our meeting too! Getting out of my house and heading back to H-town for the week will give me some blogging time and I can't wait for that! I promise to have mine posted by Thursday night.

Jo Y said...

Thanks for tagging me Allison, not sure if I can think of 8 answers for all those questions LOL

Darcie - Such The Spot said...

I had no idea avocado was a fruit. Hmph. Learn something new every day.

And... 2 Disney trips inside of one year? PLUS D23 Expo?! Don't mind me turning a lovely shade of avocado over here...

I sure hope you get picked up for the Moms panel in 2010. You'd rock that slot. :)

jen@odbt said...

I'm working on my "8" post and also look forward to meeting up with you. Still haven't figured out a good middle of the road place yet. Does your SIL have any ideas?