June 18, 2009

Who's at the front door?

Not sure what prompted Max to come down the stairs with his sleeping bag and plant himself in the entry way!

Hours after reading to Max and putting him to bed, my mom and I said our good nights after watching some TV together. As she walked by the stairs on her way to the guestroom, she noticed something by the front door. It was Max! She whispered for me to come quick, so I went to the front entry way and saw this adorable site.

I got him back upstairs without waking him up. When we asked him the next day why he came downstairs, he said he was cold! Not sure how that could be the case, since he has more blankets on his bed than with his sleeping bag, but that is what he claimed! However, when I first asked, he didn't seem to remember it, then, after showing him the pictures, he answered he was cold.

Whatever the reason, I would like to think of it as my very own personal guard at the front door!

8 comments:

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Oh, my!!
This is so absolutely adorable and the sleeping bag is cute too!!

jen@odbt said...

That is just too cute. I think he wanted to keep tabs on you and your mom.

Cathy said...

How cute! Wonder what he was thinking...

Julie said...

So cute! I think I'd be happy with my kids sleeping period. And not being asleep in my bed is even better. :)

Have a great weekend!

Darcie - Such The Spot said...

Kids do the strangest things when they're sleepy..

The Wrenns said...

That is so cute! I let our boys "camp" downstairs on the weekends if they're good all week (doesn't happen too often).

Jo Y said...

Awww bless, Jess is always doing strange things in her sleep and then not remembering LOL

turnitupmom said...

Didn't someone really cool get him that sleeping bag??