June 27, 2010

Babies-to-be Brunch

Today, my friends from Junior League hosted a brunch and shower for me. When I joined the Junior League of Plano almost a year ago, I was put into a provisional group with some of the most amazing women. My advisor for that group is also pregnant and due just four days before me, so it was a celebration for both of us.

It took place at the Stonebriar Country Club and our friend, Tina, outdid herself with the room decked out in pale blue and white. Each placesetting had a small bouquet of white roses in a mason jar wrapped in striped ribbon and our name. The hydrangea and white roses were the centerpieces and also a gift to take with us when we left. Each gal also received a large chocolate bar wrapped in ribbon. Sparkling cider was served in cups that said "Does this Baby make my butt look big"! After a delicious buffet of breakfast and lunch items, we had some extremely tasty cupcakes filled with either banana cream or Boston cream.

We opened gifts and talked for several hours. It was great time to enjoy the friendship of these amazing ladies. I was overwhelmed by their generosity. Being a third time mom, I truly wasn't expecting to receive anything but some quality girl time. However, they each brought the cutest of baby gifts.

I look forward to each of them meeting the monkey once he is born!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my! That is so nice! What a gorgeous shower. Very sweet friends you have. :)
Happy shower day!

Unknown said...

What a great gathering!! I also love that the mom's to be had on matching shirts.

Allison said...

The matching outfits was purely a coincidence! LOL

jen@odbt said...

What a great way to continue your weekend of feeling great. Looks like so much fun. How wonderful to have such a great friends.

Such The Spot said...

What a delightful shower! And yes, cute gifts indeed!

PS. Is there a hint as to his name in one of those shots? ;)