January 23, 2009

Lucky 13!

Happy 13th Anniversary, Kelly, Monica, Amy, and Pattie!

13 years ago, today, we met while doing the Walt Disney World College Program Spring 1996!

Four of us were actual roommates and one of us lived directly below us. We did Traditions (Disney training program), worked our shifts, laid out by the pool, had fun in the parks, partied at Pleasure Island and Church Street, ate at as many of the Disney restaurants as we could, spent a weekend in Key West, did Character breakfasts, and so many more memorable things that I can't list them all!

It was the time of my life and I will never forget it. We have stayed close ever since. In the 13 years following, we have all gotten married, most of us have kids, and we have reunited many times at Walt Disney World.

I worked at Port Orleans in Sassagoula Floatworks (the food court). I also cross-trained in the Scat Cats Lounge and Bonfamilles, which was the full-service restaurant that is no longer there.

Kelly, from Massachussets, worked at the front desk in Disney's Yacht Club.

Monica, from Indiana, worked at Epcot in transportation and drove the double decker busses around World Showcase (these are also no longer there).

Amy, from Missouri, was a park greeter/ticket taker at Disney's MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios).

Pattie, also from Massachussets, worked custodial in the Magic Kingdom.

Pattie, Amy, Kelly, and me at Yachtman's Steakhouse

Amy, Monica, me, and Kelly at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Kelly, Amy, and me in front of Cinderella's Castle

At the Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace

Me, Amy, Mickey, Kelly and Pattie
WDW College Program Graduation

I am so glad that I have stayed in touch with these wonderful gals. We plan to go for another reunion sometime in November. 4 out of 5 of us have November birthdays and we want to take advantage of the "Get in Free on your Birthday" promotion going on in 2009 at WDW.

I hope you enjoyed my walk down Disney memory lane!

I love you, my Disney Gals! Here's to many more years of friendship!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been 13 years and that you all have such wonderful memories of times since then-- always stay in touch and remember i love you all--Mom

Unknown said...

How cool is that? Getting to work at Disney!

Fun post!

jen@odbt said...

How fun. I wish I knew about the college program at Disney. I would have been all over that. I love that you all have stayed friends...what great memories you have and will continue to make.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie - you are so sweet and, yes, this did bring a tear to my eye. I also went through all my Disney pics last w/e. What a time we had! I love how "big" my hair was, it was clearly the 90s! Anyways, looking so forward to seeing you in November. Love & pixiedust, Kelly

The Buntens said...

Oh fun! I think one of my friends did this program, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Allie! Thanks for taking me down memory lane. I can't believe it was 13 years ago. Looking forward to November!

Reunited and it feels so good....

Lindsay said...

How awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Allie,
Thanks for sending me this link! I love it and am just sorry that I didn't know about it back in January. Better late than never. XO, Amy