Happy New Year, Everyone!
However, my "fun" evening of champagne, shrimp cocktail and "Friends" Scene It was brought to sad lull as I got a call from my mom that my grandmother now has her hospice there 24/7 and that "the end is near". She has Alzheimer's and has moments of unresponsiveness, but not like she did yesterday. At mealtime, the staff that feed her couldn't rouse her at all. They took her pulse and it was "erratic" and so was her blood pressure. She has been on hospice for the past year, but they just check in on her daily, but as of last night, they are with her round the clock. My parents are on their way down. They were already planning to come down to go with us to the Cotton Bowl tomorrow (we have a whole family of Texas Tech graduates) and Cate's birthday party on Sunday. However, all of that may be put on hold if something happens. It has been a long road and we all know she is "ready" to go, it just hasn't been God's Plan yet. My mom and my uncle plan to tell her today "Mom, it's ok to go! We'll miss you terribly, but we know you are ready!" In the early stages of this long road, she would say to us, "I'm ready to be with Karl and Rick!" Karl was her husband and Rick was her son that we lost in a boating accident over 25 years ago at the tender age of 21.
So, please keep her in your prayers today. Maybe as we celebrate a new year, she is ready to begin that year with Our Lord and Savior!
January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














11 comments:
I am sorry to hear this, and hope your grandmother passes peacefully.
Oh girl - I am so sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Allison - I'm sorry to hear this - what a long road for you and your family. I'll be thinking of y'all and keeping you in my prayers.
You know I am thinking about you and your family! Hoping for peace for all in 2009. hang in there.
saying prayers...
I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Your grandmother is a class act, and I feel lucky that I got to meet her and talk with her when we were in high school. I'm so sorry for your family.
I'm so sorry to hear this! Take care.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, Allison. I will be thinking of all of you!!
I will be praying. I know how this disease works and it's heart-wrenching for us here to watch it progress - I can only imagine what they are feeling on the inside.
I'm so sorry Allison, I'll be thinking of you and your family ((hug))
Post a Comment