So, it is a new day in our country! As many of us watched in awe of President Obama and his inauguration celebration, I couldn't help but look at those beautiful girls and wonder how their world is about to change. However, by the looks of their family, it will be changes for the good. Their family seems so grounded and loving. As I heard on one of the broadcasts, it was stated that Mrs. Obama made it known to the White House staff that the girls would still be responsible for making their own beds and keeping their rooms clean. Even though there will be a huge staff, Mrs. Obama is still the MOMMA! Anyway, as these girls were decked out in head-to-toe J. Crew, they just beamed at their Daddy! What a wonderful and precious memory for them to have for the rest of their lives. Yet another "Pie and Ice Cream Moment"! Have fun, Malia and Sasha!For more WordFUL Wednesdays, hop on over to SevEn cLoWn CirCuS!














12 comments:
Love your take on the inauguration. I thought the First Daughters showed such poise and grace but also were still being kids.
I love this post! It is so exciting that there are going to be children in the White House! They are cute, aren't they?
They are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I just love that family! They do indeed look grounded and so real. They're just like us, it seems, and I love that!
I love the smile on their faces!
It was so fun watching them watch their mom and especially their dad with such pride. They are truly a wonderful family filled with love for each other. Mom
Love this side of the inauguration. It's so easy to feel connected to the Obama's. I am excited to watch them grow up as our nations first daughters.
I really love this post. I to have noticed how grounded the children seem to be. It is my hope and prayer that they stay that way. The looked absolutely beautiful.
Allison, you are so right! It is going to be fun to watch them grow up - from a distance. I hope the media allows them to be what they are - kids!
It's also amazing how much the older daughter looks like Momma!
They are such adorable girls--I just love the whole family!!
What gorgeous smiles!
Thanks for visiting me on my big, bloggy day!
I read an article about how the Bush twins wrote a letter to the Obama girls. The last part was encouraging them to keep the faith when their dad was criticized, because they are the only ones who really know what kind of father he is. I hate to be a worrier, but I really do feel for these girls. I can't imagine how hard ot would be to grow up in the White House, and to hear your father/family torn apartlike I'm sure he will be at some point. Regardless of politics...I just feel for the kids.
Post a Comment