January 12, 2010

WordFUL Wednesday - Snip, Snip!

Who knew that getting two kids haircuts would be so much drama?

On Monday, I decided that we would go after school to our usual place since the kids and Matt are going out of town this weekend and they desperately needed them.

I knew that we would have to wait as walk-ins, but didn't realize that it would be almost an hour. However, I wasn't complaining since the kids weren't complaining and were actually being very patient (and the best behaved kids in the place, I might add)!

After our almost hour wait, they finally called our names and at that time, the beautician asked us if we were paying cash or check. Now, the sign on the register clearly states that they don't accept checks and I have always paid with credit cards. I said "credit", to which she replied that their credit card machine is broken.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Could she not have mentioned this as we walked in the door? Or at the very least, put a sign on the door? I had never heard her mention this to any other patrons, but they were already there when we arrived, so she may have mentioned to them earlier.

Needless to say, I was LIVID! That was just an hour wasted. My kids were now tired, it was almost dinner time and Cate was already so excited to get her new haircut! As we got in the car, they were confused as to why we couldn't stay and they were begging for the promised lollipops that they always get if they behave nicely. Even though they didn't receive their haircuts...in my opinion, they had more than earned them. So, I ran back in and told the staff as much and grabbed my two lollipops.

So, long story short, I went to a new place today with them. But this time, I called ahead, got appointments and verified that they took credit cards AND that they were functioning! We were in and out with both kids haircuts in 25 minutes! They were a tad more expensive, but this time it was worth it.

I do plan on calling the original place and demanding 2 free haircuts...I just didn't get around to it today.

So, without further ado, here is my little cutie pie with her new 'do! She is pleased as punch with it and I think she looks even older with it {sniff, sniff}!


For more Wordful Wednesdays, visit Angie at Seven Clown Circus.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks adorable!

And I would call and demand free cuts - I am so surprised that they didn't offer them to you!

Cecily R said...

Good grief she has pretty hair!!

Stuff like that always happens to me and I never get anything out of it...because I am a total wuss. I hope you get your free cuts!

Erin said...

She's beautiful and her hair cut looks adorable!! She sure does seem happy with it!

Liz Mays said...

That looks just adorable on her!

I would have been so ticked about that hour wait at the first place.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! She looks so grown up- sniff, sniff
Go for it girl- you should get 2 free haircuts. Mom

jen@odbt said...

Sorry you went through all that.

Cate sure looks cute. I love bobs on little girls.

Stacy Uncorked said...

She is SO CUTE! She wears the new 'do well! ;) I would have been livid about that long wait, too. They could at least have put a sign up that their cc machine was broken!

WW - Funny Gingerbread Man

Musings of a Housewife said...

She looks so precious, but what a BIG FAT PAIN. I'd have been beyond disgusted. I love that you went back and got your lollipops. Hilarious!