April 26, 2009

Adios, Amigos!

Day 6 - Shopping at Downtown Disney/Check-out

So, our last day sadly arrived. As we woke up that day, it was raining and raining hard! Thank goodness we were leaving that day instead of heading to a park. Now, I still think running around in the parks during the rain is a lot of fun, but it probably wouldn't be as fun with three kids under the age of 5 (not all three mine, one is my niece)!

So, we checked out and checked our bags at the Magical Express stand (what a fantastic feature)! Then, since the rain was letting up a little bit, we headed to Downtown Disney to do our last minute souvenir shopping. This is one of my tips to friends...save your shopping until the last day and go to Downtown Disney. It is somewhere that you could go and have enough time to shop before an afternoon or evening flight. It also keeps you from having to haul a bunch of stuff around the parks (even though there is package delivery or pick-up at the parks for resort guests). Unless you are buying something "park specific", you can most likely find it at Downtown Disney.

So, speaking of souvenirs...here are some of ours.

The beautiful watch that my parents bought me (Thanks, Mom and Dad)

My new camera strap for my Nikon D40!

My family decals for the car...sadly, they didn't have a "dad" decal at any location I looked...maybe in November!

My reusable shopping bag!

Cate's Precious Moment for her collection. It is perfect...the boy has sandy blond hair like Max and the little girl is blond with pigtails like Cate!

My new coffee mug for morning carpool drop-off. The back says "Mornings AREN'T magical!"

Then, the rain began to pick up again, so we decided to head back to the hotel and hang out until our Magical Express back to the airport. By the time the bus arrived, the rain had pretty much stopped and therefore our flight was pretty much on time.
Until next time (November for me and my college program roomies)...I'll miss you WDW!



I hope you have enjoyed all my Disney posts. Tomorrow, back to more regular posts about life around this ol' place!

5 comments:

jen@odbt said...

I'm liking your camera strap - lots of good souvenirs. Glad you had a wonderful trip. You can really tell from your pictures that a great time was had by all. I'm sure you have such great memories.

LissaMarie said...

i'm loving the camera strap , your watch is gorgeous and i absolutely love the reusable shopping bag! I'll have to keep my eye out for one of those on the disney shopping sites!

Terra said...

The mickey watch rocks. I told you have asoft spot in my heart for Mickey - especially steamboat willie version

Anonymous said...

I loved all of your reports! I just bought the decals on my last trip. I found them all at Mousegears. Love the watch too!!

Thanks for sharing your trip and photos!

Carin said...

I did enjoy all the disney posts, just terrific. I really like your camera strap (is it okay if I look for one when we go this summer?)