
Meeting Alice
My favorite Disney moment
In 1983, my parents took us to WDW for the first time. We went with another family in an RV across country visiting lots of sights along the way. We parked the RV at Fort Wilderness and had the time of our lives.
Early one morning we entered the Magic Kingdom to find several characters there to greet all the guests. It was Alice, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, and the Mad Hatter. It was our turn to stand near the characters for my dad to take our picture, and Alice asked us our names. When I told her my name, she replied, "Allison...that's a lot like my name!" I just smiled shyly and we made our way into the park for the day.
Later that same day, we sat along the parade route for the afternoon parade. We were right in the front on the curb. As Alice made her way along the route, she waved and smiled to all the children. However, as she got closer to me, she looked right at me and said, "Hi, Allison! Are you having a fun day?" My mouth dropped open then quickly turned into the biggest grin! My parents were in shock. In fact, to this day, my mom still gets onto my dad for not taking a picture of it...but he was changing film at the time (yes, film...it was 1983, after all)!
Anyway, from that day forward, I was a huge Disney fan. I even told my parents growing up that I was going to work there someday. Years later, that dream came true as I was accepted into the WDW College Program in 1996.
So, dreams really do come true there!
Be sure to check out tomorrow's Disney post about my honeymoon there!















4 comments:
What a great memory! I've never been but someday I'd love to take the kids!
That is why Disney rocks! I bet that made such an impression on you. How cool.
Oh man! You're making me wish I could go this year!.
How fantastic, that's so wonderful Alice remembered you!
Post a Comment