April 16, 2009

A Mighty "Tweet" Lady

As many of you know, back in the fall I applied to be on the WDW Moms Panel. Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut. However, while researching and making friends online with fellow applicants and some of the current panelists at the time, I became online friends via blogs/twitter/facebook with Leanne. She works for WDW in the social media department and the Moms Panel is her "baby" per se!

While counting down to my trip on Twitter and Facebook, she "tweeted" me and said she would love to meet up with me while we were there. I was stunned....she wanted to meet ME! I was beyond flattered. So, I responded and we came up with a meeting time and day.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous. Not sure why, but I was. Ask my family...I was shaking ahead of time. While the rest of the crew went into Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom, I parked in a little alcove overlooking the Tree of Life that had several tables and chairs. Cate had fallen asleep in the stroller, so she hung with me!

Leanne called as she was on her way. I knew what she looked like, but didn't know if she would recognize me, so I kept my eyes peeled. She soon found my little shaded spot and we chatted for about 15-20 minutes. At the end of our conversation, I mentioned that I planned to apply again this year for the Moms Panel and she said good luck to me. My family came out of the show and I introduced them to her. Before she left, I got a picture with her.

Later that day, as I returned to our room, I found a WDW canvas bag full of snacks and a "Princess Minnie" and "Pirate Goofy" for Cate and Max.
There was a very sweet note attached wishing us a magical stay! It was from Leanne!

Thanks again, Leanne, for your offer to meet up and all the goodies we were suprised with later that day. The snacks were delicious, the kids loved their stuffed toys, and the bag definitely came in handy while packing all our souvenirs for the trip home! That was all above and beyond what I expected. I was just looking forward to some fun Disney conversation with you, and I got so much more!

Once again, I am blown away by the magical suprises and dreams that come true at Walt Disney World.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, isn't Leanne great? I love her. She is truly a special woman! I am so glad that you had the chance to meet her and she helped make your weekend even more magical!

Julie said...

How sweet!

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Leanne strikes again...isn't she wonderful?!

(Sorry if this is a double post...received an error the first time I submitted.)

Stefanie @ Mommy Musings said...

I love Leanne! She is one classy lady ;)

Leanne said...

OMG.. You all seriously make me want to cry. Thank you so much for you kind words. I really think so much of you all. You make my life more special in so many ways.
Leanne

2 Little Irish Boys said...

OK!! That is so awesome and very sweet. What another exciting thing to happen to you in WDW besides just being in a magical place!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

OK!! That is so awesome and very sweet. What another exciting thing to happen to you in WDW besides just being in a magical place!!

Cathy said...

Allison that is soooo cool! I hope you make it on the panel this year!!

Bonnie said...

Leanne sounds wonderful. I love that song, one of my favorites!

Moms Panel Erin said...

So glad you got some Disney magic!

Jo Y said...

Awww Allison how sweet you got to meet Leanne, she's lovely isn't she and how nice of her to arrange the goodies for you :)

Such The Spot said...

Yes, Leanne is a rock star isn't she? But then again...so are you. Glad for your extra pixie dust!

Kim said...

Leanne is a true dream-maker. Brilliant and Fun too! She's been a Fairy Godmother to the WDW Moms Panel.

I'm so glad that you got to spend time with her AND got a dose of Disney magic on your vacation.