May 12, 2009

WordFUL Wednesday - Cake

This past Saturday was my niece, Madison's first birthday party! Watching her with her little cake was hilarious. Whereas most babies really get into the messiness (even if it takes awhile), Madison was NOT having it. Her mommy and daddy tried letting her taste it first, then they put her hands in it to show her it could be fun! Nope, that did NOT work. After about 15 minutes of watching the poor thing whimper and hold out her hands like she wanted them cleaned off, they wiped her down and got her clean. After that, she was perfectly content again. It was memorable, just not in the way it is for most babies on their first birthdays. She still had a giggling good time with the rest of the party!

For more Wordful Wednesdays, visit Angie at SevEn cLoWn CirCuS!

16 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

HA - my son hated his first cake too!

Jennifer said...

Happy First Birthday! The cake looks wonderful. I am sorry to hear it was not such a hit. Next year it will be. ;)

Angela said...

Both of my boys HATED doing the whole eating the cake with their hands ordeal on their first birthdays.....SO.....we ended up just sticking our hands in it, painting it on them then taking pictures!! Sadly they were just crying in most of them!!

Anonymous said...

My son hated his also but my daughter loved it...at least playing in it!

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I think it is a myth that babies love the first cake thing... All of my sons have hated it so far and I am just going to bypass it with this next one. No sense in wasting good cake right? LOL

Mariposa said...

Cute!

My nephew doesn't want to mess his hands as well...LOL

Sherry said...

very cute! happy first birthday. My daughter got messy with her cake on her first bady too!

jen@odbt said...

She's such a cutie. I guess some kids get really into their cakes and others don't. Mine never cared for getting messy while eating...maybe b/c I was such a freak about keeping things neat.

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE 1 year olds and their cakes. You never know if they'll be confused or just dig right in! :)

Kathleen W. said...

How sweet! And what a pretty cake (from what I can see of it)

Terra said...

Oh the cake! Love it, my oldest wouldn't touch hers without a fork- I actually shoved her hand it to get her started (therapy I know)

http://www.temerson.com/Lauren's%20Site/2001/June%202001/Birthday%20Cake.htm

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love it!!
Cillian will be eating his first cake at the end of the month (birthday is Jund 2) I cannot wait--well sorta!!

Aunt Julie said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing...Happy birthday to the little one!

turnitupmom said...

WOW! I cannot believe she's one! Maybe a different color icing next year? Does she prefer pink???

Anonymous said...

How sweet! She is a cutie!

Jennifer said...

I love the pic of the blue hand!!