Max was so sweet at the end. He grabbed her hand as she walked down the theater stairs and told her to be careful! After we left the theater, he asked her, "Did you have fun, Cate?" to which she replied, "yeth"! It just made my heart melt to watch him be protective and proud of her!
May 1, 2009
Let's All Go to the Movies!
About a week ago, I was looking up times to potentially take the kids to see "Earth" but then saw the times for the Disney Matinee Club movie, which was "Cars". I decided that might be more appropriate for Cate as "Earth" may not keep her attention. I had been wanting to take her to the movie theater for the first time for quite some time. This seemed like the perfect opportunity. Plus, it was early in the morning, so most likely everyone in the theater would be younger kids not in school, so I wouldn't have to worry about her being the only one that might make noise!
Once I told them what we were doing, they both got very excited. Max's first question was if we could get popcorn. Of course we could...what would her first movie be like without it?!
The great unexpected perk to being a Disney Matinee Club movie was that they also showed a Disney Short Film and had a "game" before the movie started! This got them really excited for the movie. Cate sat in her own seat for most of the movie until she got tired and actually fell asleep for about 30 minutes and waking up just before the end!
Max was so sweet at the end. He grabbed her hand as she walked down the theater stairs and told her to be careful! After we left the theater, he asked her, "Did you have fun, Cate?" to which she replied, "yeth"! It just made my heart melt to watch him be protective and proud of her!
I look forward to taking her to the last movie in the promotional program..."Winnie the Pooh". I think we are going to go with her little friend while Max is in school one day since he would rather not see this one ("It's too babyish!").
Max was so sweet at the end. He grabbed her hand as she walked down the theater stairs and told her to be careful! After we left the theater, he asked her, "Did you have fun, Cate?" to which she replied, "yeth"! It just made my heart melt to watch him be protective and proud of her!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













7 comments:
What a sweet big brother. This is such a precious memory.
I remember the first movies each of my kids went to also. It's special.
That photo of the two little ones watching the movie is SO SWEET.
Can I come? I love taking the kids to the movies...
Awww how sweet!
That's so sweet and fun!!
That is just the sweetest thing :)
Allison,
What in the world is a Disney matinee club? I've never seen one of those around here!
Great pictures and blog!
Post a Comment