February 2, 2009

Musical Monday - When You Wish Upon a Star

Musical Monday


So, one of my favorite Disney songs is "When You Wish Upon a Star"! Seeing that it is the day after the Super Bowl, I found it very fitting.

"Now that you've won, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to Disney World"!

Anyway, this has been one of my favorite songs (many of you know that this is the music that greets you when you call my cell phone). It is such a simple song, but has such a powerful message.


When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are!

That in and of itself is powerful...the stars have no prejudice!

Anything your heart desires
Will come to you.
If your heart is in your dream,
No request is too extreme.
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do.

As long as your heart is in it, and you BELIEVE in yourself and your wish, anything is possible!

Fate is kind,
She brings to those who love,
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing.

Fate can be a powerful thing if you believe in it!

Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through.
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true.

So, if you just believe in yourself and your wishes, anything is possible!

I hope this brings a little magic to your day and upcoming week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I think of YOU everytime I hear this song and my dreams did come true- you are a wonderful daughter. Love, Mom

Ali said...

I've never really paid attention to the words before, that is a great song!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Awww...I am a Disney nut too. I love that song and the hope it brings.

Great pick!

jen@odbt said...

One of my all time favorite Disney songs too. Thanks for sharing.

Mama Wheaton said...

I always find myself singing along to that song, it's great!

Cathy said...

Yep, I love that song too!

Terra said...

ADORE that song! My favorite disney tune though....

It's a small world...

Unknown said...

I agree this is a great song. I love it for both the words and the sweet memories of childhood that I associate with it.