February 18, 2009

WordFUL Wednesday - Awe Inspiring!

In July 2008, Matt and I took an Alaskan cruise with some family and friends. It was truly some of the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen. One of our days "at sea", our ship glided in very slowly near the Hubbard Glacier and we just rotated around, so as to get a great view from anywhere on the boat. While taking in this amazing sight, I was able to capture the glacier actually "calving". Calving is when the glacier loses large chunks of its mass just falling off into the water. Since I just clicked away, it is almost like a slow motion video of what happened. It was so awe-inspiring that I couldn't believe that I had actually witnessed it and even better...got it on my camera!









SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!

For more Wordful Wednesdays, visit Angie at SevEn cLoWn CirCuS!

16 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Our earth is so amazing. What gorgeous scenes. Kind of hard to imagine glaciers in July. What a great experience for you.

Terra said...

WOW, those were amazing!

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! I can't even believe it is real! I love it! What a great post! Hope your week is filled with lots of happiness and sunshine : ).

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous. What an amazing thing to get to see.

Nina said...

That is pretty neat!!!
I don't like the cold but it would be an amazing sight.

Anonymous said...

Definitely very pretty. I'd love to take an Alaskan cruise someday but I Jeff would rather stick to the tropical destinations. Hmph. Shows what he knows. :)

Amy McMean said...

thats a once in a lifetime kind of experience. Great pictures the trip sounds wonderful and magical.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Those are amazing!!! Wow!!! I hope to go to AK some day for a cruise too - what a unique experience for you! :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh wow- I'd love to do something like that!

Steph

Jennifer said...

Oh wow--that must have been so amazing to see! I've never been to Alaska--one of these days I'd love to!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely brilliant! And yes, so very breathtaking. Great shots. I'm completely green with envy!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

have to say, i've always wanted to do an alaskan cruise...i've only heard good things about them. i wonder if i would be happy...i'm a beachy girl.

Jenni said...

Wow! Gorgeous! A cruise to Alaska is on my Things To Do Someday list!

Jen said...

Oh my yes, that was amazing. I have always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise.

Unknown said...

Wow! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I have added Alaska to my "Places I want to visit before I kick off" list. thanks for sharing.