
Here is a great recipe you can make from the leftovers of Fettuccine Alfredo!!!
Smoked Salmon and Corn Chowder
2 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
2.5 Tbsp flour
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
3 cups whole milk
2 cups leftover fettuccine alfredo, cut into 4 inch pieces
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
4 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
salt to taste
In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery, stirring often, until softened but not brown (about 6 to 7 minutes). Stir in the flour until it incorporated (about 30 seconds). Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute. Stire in the milk and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Add the fettuccine alfredo, corn and chopped dill and simmer until warmed through (about 3 minutes). Add the salmon and cook until opaque (about 2 minutes). Season with salt. Divide among 4 soup bowls and top with more dill.

Recipe courtesy of EveryDay with Rachael Ray Magazine, March 2008
This Souper Saturday was hosted by Janel at Dandelion Dayz. This is the last Souper Saturday until next fall. I hope you have enjoyed all my contributions and have some great new additions to your recipe repertoire (is that how you spell it)!














8 comments:
Yum - this sounds so delish! I've printed out all your recipes to make.
OH, I so don't do fish. But you enjoy!!
oh yum! this sounds really tasty!
Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta!
-Wenda
Yum - that sounds sooo delicious!
What a clever way to use up a few leftovers too!
That sounds so tasty!!! As soon as my diet is over i'm giving this a try. :)
I like the sound of this - it's different. I may give it a try. Do you kids eat it? And, have you ever NOT had the fettucine alfredo already made, and made it work by adding premade alfredo sauce? Thanks!
Holy yumminess. This sounds really good.
Couldn't those who don't enjoy fish do it with chicken?
Thanks for playing along again. I really have loved the new recipes you've added to my life!
Post a Comment