Today is Max's Valentine Party at school and each child was asked to decorate a box to collect their Valentines. Max said he wanted to make a submarine! WHAT?! I was just thinking we would cover a box in pirate and train stickers and draw some hearts on it....nope, he wanted a submarine with the periscope. So, I tried to creatively brainstorm and decided that we might just have to go to the store and see what we could find. Sure enough, once we were there...I had it!
Supplies collected:
A "lunch box" cardboard box from the Container Store
yellow mailing tube
yellow wrapping paper
flat stiff cardboard
Supplies we already had:
hole punch
circle punch
blue construction paper
glue stick
scissors
exacto knife

I cut the card opening, and made the periscope and traced the pieces, but Max did the rest. He cut out the sides all by himself, he punched out the windows in blue paper, he glued all of it together. We were both so pleased and excited about his little submarine.



His valentines for his classmates were equally as cute with the same nautical theme!


Then, I traced his hands for the teacher treats and stole the
idea from Jennifer at "if you're happy and you know it"!


21 comments:
That is too cute, and I was reading it to Dancing Queen which just made me laugh.
How adorable---Dad and I love it probably the best bos ever and he is only 5-- Your valentines box is being mailed today.Being a teacher, I am so glad you let him do his valentines. Love you
Adorable and creative!!! Great job.
Sadly...I took my son to Hallmark -
Wow, that's great. What a creative idea!
What a great job! You are so crafty and look at Max, he put everything together so neatly.
Adorable stuff!! I'm sure his classmates and teacher will love it!
Blessings!
Too cute!! How creative!
oh girl - NOW I am embarrassed of my store bought valentines!!
WONDERFUL! and I am so stealing your idea for the teacher's gifts!! do you mind??
I love kids who think outside of the box! :)
Ummmmmm. You are way more creative than me today! I don't have to help Kaish decorate any boxes for his valentines and I am THANKFUL because my creativity is at an all time low right now! Nice to meet you. Your son is a cutie.
AWESOME!!!!! I love that submarine! Great idea!
That's so creative!
It's fun at your house!
Wow. That's some box. It looks great. Maybe he can come over and help my daughter with her diarama!
You guys did some job on that sub. I don't think I would have been able to come up with that!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
You are very creative. Love the idea of the hands/lotion...going to use that next year.
Wow, what to go Mom! Those are so cool v-day treats.
Wow! You are so creative! Great job. I can only imagine what craziness I would have come up with.
TOO CUTE!!! You are such a crafty gal. Too bad we don't live closer together. *HUGS*
Oh man! I wish I saw this earlier so I could have totally ripped you off and stolen this idea!!
What cute Valentine projects!
Post a Comment