This week, nothing really profound happened.It was just a normal, run of the mill week! School for Max, music class for Cate, playdates with friends.
However, among my blog reading this week, my blog buddy, Terra, offered up her solution to meal planning strategy! I am so in need of this! I mean REALLY in the need of this.
In the past, I have done a week of meal planning and get all excited with my grocery shopping! Then, after that week, I once again get lazy and it falls off the priority list.
But, this strategy may actually work for me....because it doesn't involve only planning for one week, it is a 4-8 week planning guide! I began working on it last night, but was cut short when Max got sick and began spiking a fever! Hopefully, tonight I can get more done!
Terra's meal planning guide is available in Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. In my opinion, seemed very easy to follow! If this sounds like the solution that you have been looking for...head on over and check it out!
I'll have to keep you posted on whether it ended up working out for us! In the meantime, have a great week!
AND...if you didn't have a chance to stop by yesterday, check out my 100th post just below for a countdown of my personal favorite posts over the last 4 months!
Thanks to Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife for hosting! For more insightful things learned this week, head on over to her blog and check them out!














16 comments:
I will have to check out the links laater when I have a minute. I do advance planning and cooking both here. I usually cook 2-3 weeks worth of meals in one day, and refridgeragte/freeze them for later. Love that!
I am just like you--have good intentions, then it falls by the wayside after a few weeks! Thanks for the link--great idea!
Holy moly Allison! I am blushing again! You are a sweetheart!
As soon as I get L to bed I am back here to click on your 100 posts links. I am looking forward to it.
I hate planning meals, so this could maybe work for me. Let me know how it works out for you. I sure need to do something!
I will definitely be checking this out more later...I need it! Meal times is the hardest thing that I have to do as a wife and mother!
Wow! It looks like I am going to have to spend some time on your blog tonight and check out not only the menu planning tips, but also your top ten post list.
Just call me your blog squatter, not stalker.
-Wenda
I'm in the same boat - meal planning is usually done the morning of or even better at 4pm. I need to sit down and really go thru Terra's guide.
I so need to do something like that...I'm burned out right now...sigh.....but stopping by to give ya some SITS love
I have finally gotten better about meal planning, too. My method is a bit different. I choose 7 catergories like ethnic, crock pot, eat out, sandwiches and soup and list meals in each category. Than I assign each night a categorie i.e. Monday is ethnic, Tues. crock pot, etc. than I just plug in meals from each category and it is done for at least a month at a time! It makes shopping, cooking, everything so much easier! Good luck wiht your planning, and with your sick kiddo!
Meal planning does make a huge difference. I plan a month at a time but I'll have to check out her plan, thanks for sharing.
Will definitely have to check it out - I plan 1 week at the most, and I usually have the same things each week!
I have yet to get on the menu planning band wagon. Ought to, but just haven't. Thanks for sharing.
I need to check this out! I try to plan one week at a time, but definitely fail some weeks! It makes our week go so much smoother when it's planned.
I hate fevers. Seriously. They stink. Hope he's feeling better today. =)
That sounds very cool! I need to check that out. :-)
I have to go check that out - I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to meal planning!!
Post a Comment