Kristen over at La Dolce Vita had this fun holiday meme and I thought it would get us in the spirit now that the Christmas countdown has officially begun! Happy Black Friday!
THIS IS FUN AND GETS ME IN THE SPIRIT!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, as it is more fun for the kids!
THIS IS FUN AND GETS ME IN THE SPIRIT!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, as it is more fun for the kids!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real...even though last year was our first one! Love the pine smell!
3. When do you put up the tree? AFTER Max's birthday Dec 8th.
3. When do you put up the tree? AFTER Max's birthday Dec 8th.
4. When do you take the tree down? BEFORE Cate's birthday Jan 4th!
5. Do you like eggnog? That's a big, fat NO!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Doll, Rhonda!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother, his taste and mine are totally opposite (But I love him despite this!)
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids...at this age, toys are a given!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, too many to count (and my mom has even more than me)!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, if you know me, Christmas cards and a letter. I hand make them and usually make over 100! I know, it's a sickness!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure the worst one, but I'll never forget how I asked Santa (two years in a row, mind you) for one of those giant Barbie heads you could style their hair and make-up. Yep, never got it...Bitter...NAH!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands Down, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Watched it a thousand times and I still laugh 'til I cry!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Doll, Rhonda!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother, his taste and mine are totally opposite (But I love him despite this!)
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids...at this age, toys are a given!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, too many to count (and my mom has even more than me)!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, if you know me, Christmas cards and a letter. I hand make them and usually make over 100! I know, it's a sickness!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure the worst one, but I'll never forget how I asked Santa (two years in a row, mind you) for one of those giant Barbie heads you could style their hair and make-up. Yep, never got it...Bitter...NAH!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands Down, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Watched it a thousand times and I still laugh 'til I cry!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start pretty early since I have 2 kids birthdays surrounding the holiday. I never want our credit card bill so high from one month's purchases that I send my husband to the grave.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never, but my grandmother would take about 20 minutes to open a gift so that she could...and she did (Oops I thought that said Christmas paper, which is what she did. So, no, never re-gifted anything)!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Cinnamon Monkey Bread that is our new Christmas morning tradition started the year we got married!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never, but my grandmother would take about 20 minutes to open a gift so that she could...and she did (Oops I thought that said Christmas paper, which is what she did. So, no, never re-gifted anything)!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Cinnamon Monkey Bread that is our new Christmas morning tradition started the year we got married!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - but only white ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night by Luciano Pavarotti!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes...Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Sometimes an angel, sometimes a star, the kids get to pick between the two.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning for sure (but as a kid we always got to open one gift on Christmas Eve)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds at the stores (I used to work retail and hated working this time of year)!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night by Luciano Pavarotti!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes...Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Sometimes an angel, sometimes a star, the kids get to pick between the two.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning for sure (but as a kid we always got to open one gift on Christmas Eve)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds at the stores (I used to work retail and hated working this time of year)!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornaments are the ones Max (and soon, Cate) make. They are treasures for years to come!
Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey or Ham! But, my husband's family always does their Italian tradition of "Feast of the Seven Fishes" on Christmas Eve! yummy!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would love a watch (but hubby says that will be a 10th anniversary present), so I have picked out some jewelry pieces I like from Lisa Leonard Designs and KiKi and LeLe and a new purse from Brighton.
Tag you're it! Go ahead, copy the questions, answer them on your blog and let me know the link in the comments section and I will come and visit and read about your holiday faves!














8 comments:
Hi Allison,
I'm visiting from SITS! Happy Black Friday!
I loved reading your post...very cute! I may just have to snag it for myself.
Have a great evening~drop by anytime!
I got this on email last week! It was fun!
Fun meme. We got our tree today. It's up but bare. You do have a limited window between birthdays. We only have the taking down dilemma (before January 3). Liking the new holiday music playlist too.
I'm an early shopper as well...one left and I'm DONE!
My girls got a Barbie head a few years ago. I remember mine and how I wore it out. *sorry* Maybe you should ask again!!
Since you are into wrapping paper, consider making your own. I tried it, and it works well for small packages. I wrote about it on my blog.
I'm visiting from SITS.
That was fun! We have a lot in common--fave movie (I CAN"T get enout of of NLCV!), fave song ad we also make monley bread Christmas morning!
Can we get that recipe? :-)
came back to read again...we do think a bit alike!!!
Terra
Post a Comment