Over the weekend, I got some wonderful holiday bedtime stories for the kids and pulled out the favorites from years past.
Matt and I love to read to Max and Cate each and every night. The kids love their books and we are so glad to encourage such a wonderful gift in them.
My parents are both retired teachers, so books were always a gift we received. Here are my Top 10 Holiday Books for Kids. Some are Classics, some were my childhood favorites, some are my kids' favorites, and then some are new this year, but hopefully will become new classics. I hope you enjoy!
Matt and I love to read to Max and Cate each and every night. The kids love their books and we are so glad to encourage such a wonderful gift in them.
My parents are both retired teachers, so books were always a gift we received. Here are my Top 10 Holiday Books for Kids. Some are Classics, some were my childhood favorites, some are my kids' favorites, and then some are new this year, but hopefully will become new classics. I hope you enjoy!
1. Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
2. Bear Stays Up by Karma Wilson
3. Tonight, You are My Baby by Jeannine Q. Norris
4. The Night Before Christmas by Mary Engelbreit
5. Mrs. Claus Explains It All by Christi Love
6. If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
8. Can You See What I See? Christmas by Walter Wick
9. Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck and Laura Godwin
10. The Animals' Christmas by Wiersum/Little Golden Book Series
I hope you enjoy my list of Children's Holiday Books. I would also like to give a little shout out to my blogging buddy, Musings of a Housewife and her holiday gift guide! Check out her button to the right!
2. Bear Stays Up by Karma Wilson
3. Tonight, You are My Baby by Jeannine Q. Norris
4. The Night Before Christmas by Mary Engelbreit
5. Mrs. Claus Explains It All by Christi Love
6. If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
8. Can You See What I See? Christmas by Walter Wick
9. Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck and Laura Godwin
10. The Animals' Christmas by Wiersum/Little Golden Book Series
I hope you enjoy my list of Children's Holiday Books. I would also like to give a little shout out to my blogging buddy, Musings of a Housewife and her holiday gift guide! Check out her button to the right!













5 comments:
All great suggestions. I love changing the bedtime story up a bit to coincide with the season. A few of these are new to me and I look forward to trying them out!
My daughter's personal favorite is Merry Christmas Stinky Face. Now if that doesn't sound like a holiday classic I don't know what does!
What a great list. I may have to add some Christmas books to my Story Time with Renee. Great suggestions.
Thanks for the book ideas! I haven't heard of a few on your list. Grinch is one of my all-time faves!!
Ah, we have 5 of those books -I LOVE POLAR EXPRESS...can't get enough of it! I should dig out our favorites and post them...maybe after my MIL comes and goes! Thanks!!!
Terra
Thanks for inviting me here. I love several of these books, also, but I don't own them.
Post a Comment