November 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday

With Thanksgiving just weeks away, I thought I would post some things I am thankful for each Thursday leading up to Turkey Day!



5 Things I am Always Thankful For:

1. My wonderful, gracious, loving, and giving husband, Matt.

2. My adorable, huggable, giggling children, Max and Cate.

3. My extremely supportive family and friends.

4. Having a roof over our head (esp. in today's economy) and bountiful food to eat.

5. My ability to stay at home with our kids to watch them grow into giving, gracious, honest people.



5 Things I am Thankful for Today in Particular:

1. That our fence didn't blow down last night, as it did about 6 months ago!

2. My new pillow (I slept better last night)

3. That my birthday weekend is almost here (Birthday Bowling Bash here I come)

4. Getting to sleep in a little this morning.

5. A "grown-up lunch" with a new friend today without the kids!


Now, for something, oh so sweet. While making my list, I decided to ask my son, Max, what he was thankful for and here is his list.


9 Things Max is Thankful For (in his exact words)

1. Mommy and Daddy

2. Cate

3. The whole world

4. Planet Earth

5. All the food and turkey

6. Mark and Matthew (his best friends)

7. My pirateship treehouse (what he calls his backyard swingset)

8. Gretel (our dog)

9. Sprinkles (his stuffed giraffe that he has had since birth)


Now comes the best part...he also told me what Cate is thankful for. Now, for those of you who don't know, Cate is almost 2 years old, and doesn't talk a whole lot, so Max made her list of thankfulness for her.


8 Things that Cate is Thankful for (as recited by Max)

1. The sun

2. The Earth

3. Her naps

4. Her shows (Baby Einstein videos)

5. Gretel

6. Lovey (her snuggly that she has had since birth)

7. Her dolls

8. Her dolly bed


Wow...out of the mouths of babes! Did I mention that I was thankful for them. Oh, yes, refer back to #2 of list #1.


What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Ali said...

I'm so thankful I'm able to stay home with my kids too!

Anonymous said...

what a nice idea- we truly have so much to be thankful for and we take so much for granted-Mimi

The Beauty Bargainista said...

what a beautiful post! I love being able to reflect on my life and see how blessed I truly am and give God the praise of Thanksgiving! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't think of a better time to list things that you are grateful for. I'm thankful to have been able to read your lists. Inspiring!