Yesterday, I was stumped on what to blog about, then later in the evening I read a blog from one of my loyal followers (well, officially the only one...see my sidebar!). Heather introduced me to the idea of a man who is compiling a book of inspirational, funny, serious letters to his wife, 'THE MOM'. It is called the Mother Letter Project, and he is calling on all moms to help him with this project. It is a wonderful selfless gift from a husband to a wife, and after reading about it, I couldn't wait to get on board. Check out the links I just provided to get more on this...But without further ado, here is my letter to MOM!
Dear Mom,
Have you ever had one of those days? You know the days you think won't end. You are missing clumps of hair (that you pulled out in times of frustration). You haven't showered. You look through the pantry before dinner and all you can find is Triscuits, a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, and some leftover Halloween candy. And then, when you think your day can't get any better, your child just smiles at you and gives you a hug for no reason and then says something like, "Mommy, I can help you clean the bird poop off the roof of your car since the bird used it as his car-potty!" And that catches you completely off guard and you bust out laughing and smiling and the worries of the day simply vanish. Those are what I like to call "Pie and Ice Cream Moments".
Yes, you have your Slice of Heaven (your child) with a little Scoop of Reality on the side (life in general). Life as a mom can be trying and exhausting and frustrating, but you can't forget rewarding, memorable, and a great accomplishment.
My children are the light of my life. Even though life can definitely shove those hard times right in your face, every once in awhile, I really try hard to just politely push it back and say, "No, thank you! I've had enough ice cream today!" Don't let those precious endearing moments pass you by, because as we all know, they grow up WAY. TOO. FAST!
Merry Christmas,
Allison
November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Great letter! I love the ice cream analogy too - I need to remember that!
I follow you just via my google reader :)
Great letter. I just got a scoop of reality from my little girl - she is growing up too fast!
Post a Comment