Then, on Christmas Eve, we finished up with the last minute grocery shopping, cooking and table setting. The rest of the family arrived just before church and most of us headed out to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Unfortunately, that is the most popular service and with kids in tow, we were a little delayed getting off. So, we STOOD in the lobby and couldn't hear a thing. Cate rummaged through my purse and my mother-in-law's purse and Max drew on a bulletin with a pen. We received Holy Communion but that is about all we got out of the service. Note to self....next year, do not go to the earlier mass...go after dinner...less crowds!
After mass, we got back to the house to enjoy appetizers and wine and family photos before sitting down to our traditional Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes"!
So, after everyone left, we managed to get the kids to bed before Santa arrived. It's funny how they will go to bed so willingly on Christmas Eve (at least ours did, how about yours?).
After breakfast, playing, and naps, we headed over to Matt's aunt's house to start the gift explosion all over again. Their we joined the grandparents, aunts/uncles/cousins for Christmas Dinner.
All in all, it was a fantastic holiday with everyone! The day after Christmas we avoided the malls and sales and went into DC to go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (click to read more about that). The kids had a blast. On the 27th, the moms went out for a relaxing pedicure sans kids, while the dads watched them. Then, after we had a nice lunch out, we went back to pick up the older kids and took them to see "Tale of Desperaux" while the little ones napped. Then, back to Matt's aunt's house for one final family dinner and to say goodbye to the grandparents. They headed back to NJ after dinner. The next day, we slept in a little and packed before heading home. We are so thankful for all of our family and the wonderful time we had with all of them.
I hope you enjoyed the recap....sorry for the length, but considering how many pictures I took (over 125), this is definitely the slimmed down version!
I hope you enjoyed the recap....sorry for the length, but considering how many pictures I took (over 125), this is definitely the slimmed down version!














8 comments:
Love all the pictures. I felt like I took a ton of photos too...hard to pick which ones to highlight.
What a fun Christmas for you all. You were in my neck of the woods...small world!
Your pics turned out great! Mine are all a blur!
Looks positively fabulous. We just visited that museum earlier this year (well, it was March but...)and found it to be very fun.
Looks like you all had a positively wonderful Christmas. Love that the kids got to hang with their cousins. Enjoy your New Years celebration as well!
Glad you're back Allison and it looks like you had a great time!! I loved all the pics of the kids--they look so cute in their jammies! And the princess outfit--adorable!!
I loved it, those three brothers all have the same smile...wow!!! The kids looked very happy and I am sure the moment of "are there more" has long since passed!!!
I've just started reading your blog and thought that Christmas was a good place to start :)
It sounds as though you all had a lovely time and I love the photo of the kids at the top of the stairs, so cute.
I loved the pictures! It really tells the story! ;)
It definitly looks like you have a house full of kids and love over there!! How great to get together like that.
Post a Comment