December 18, 2008

My First Blog Award!


I was so excited to get a comment from Lynette yesterday where she expressed her appreciation of my Christmas spirit this past month on my blog! I found Lynette's blog several weeks ago and made a comment and she has been a very loyal bloggy friend to me. I only hope I have been just as much of one to her! So, she awarded me with this Christmas Spirit Award and in order to accept it, I must list my top 5 favorite things about the holidays! Easy...here I go!

1. Seeing Max and Cate's faces as they find what Santa has left them! Last year, Max got soooo excited about getting SOCKS in his stocking and, of course, his Polar Express train set!

2. Being with family is a given! Each year, we alternate being with my family and my in-laws. This year, we will be with my hubby's extended family in Virginia. His cousin's kids are our kids ages, so that will be fun to have them together on such a fun day for all children!

3. Watching Christmas movies like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone. This year, Max watched Home Alone for the first time and he loves all the slap-stick comedy and the "booby-traps" that are set throughout the house! He just roars with laughter!

4. Getting Christmas cards from friends and family. It is a bit old fashioned, but with the craziness of life, it is nice to catch up with friends that you may only have a chance to correspond with during the holidays.

5. Making my Cinnamon Monkey Bread on Christmas morning. It is a tradition that I started the year my hubby and I got married. It is always a hit and I love to have that warm gooeyness with a nice cold glass of milk after the excitement of opening our gifts!

So, I would now like to pass on this award to Terra at The Emerson Family and Jennifer at The Fun House. They have been loyal "bloggy friends" almost from the beginning. Terra has been counting down to the holidays with a festive post each day leading up to Christmas. Jen has such wit and has me cracking up with her tales each and every time!

So, Terra and Jen, here are the rules for the Christmas award.
*You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
*The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
*You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
*You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas.
*If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
*Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
*Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Terra said...

Oh Allison, Thank you! WHat a treat to see this at 4:30 in the morning! I will have to post it and tag my bestest bloggy friend today! Thanks for thinking of me

Jennifer said...

Thank you Allison! That is a really fun award--and I do love Christmas so it's very appropriate!

I like your list--we make monkey bread on Christmas morning too--along w/ cherry chiffon--I can't wait!

And I'm bummed b/c I haven't seen LP's Xmas Vacation yet this year--I keep searching the channels but can't find it!

Thanks again for the award!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! And I love Monkey bread. Hallmark is selling Christmas Monkey Bread kits. I picked one up for a friend last night and this morning I am reading about Monkey Bread in your post. How crazy is that? You were the commenting name before me on Dandelion Wishes so I stopped by to say "Hi"! and Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Lynette said...

What a great list!! Christmas (to me) is all about tradition and seeing everything through our kid's eyes!! You are a great blogger buddy and I'm glad we met!!
I'm off work starting tomorrow until the 29th - spending some much deserved time with my girl while she is home from school - so I may not be as active - but I'll be thinking of ALL my blogger friends even if I'm not posting!
Merry Christmas ~

Ali said...

Congratulations! My oldest would love to have a Polar Express train set--he's already watched the movie twice this year!

Anonymous said...

Jen at the Fun House IS awesome isn't she? She's a recent discovery of mine and I just adore her!

Congrats on your award! Although, I'm really surprised it's your first. You never know -- more might be right around the corner!

jen@odbt said...

Congrats on your blog award! I love seeing Christmas through my kids' eyes - they are sooo excited and so am I. I got Home Alone for us to watch tomorrow night...I'm also going to give them their xmas pjs. I didn't want to wait until xmas eve.

I am surprised too that this is your first bloggy award. I thought you were a veteran at this :)

Terra said...

I finally got my post up. thanks again! I passed it on too!