March 18, 2009

WordFUL Wednesday - Bedtime Stories

Not too long ago, while cleaning out Max's school folder, I noticed a clover with the words..."read my sister a story". I asked him what this was and he said that is something special he wanted to do. So, a couple of weeks ago, after baths, he chose to read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to her. He loves this book and since he can't really read yet, this was a good one to do as he knows it by heart! She was so excited to be included in this because normally we do their bedtime stories separate. But, after the other night, maybe we'll do more together.

She just beams when she is around him. She has always been this way. From infancy, she would turn toward his voice when he would walk into a room. In fact, I think he was the first person she did that with. And he adores her. He may act like she is his annoying little sister (and I am sure that won't end anytime soon), but at the same time, he is so protective of her. It is a sweet and special bond that makes my heart explode with pride!

For more wordful Wednesdays, visit Angie at SevEn cLoWn CirCuS!

9 comments:

Terra said...

that is awesome! Lauren loves to read to Hailey especially at bed time! I think it is great!

Anonymous said...

I loveto watch children read to each other. We are enjoying your visit

jen@odbt said...

So sweet. It's so nice when the older ones can read to their siblings.

tiarastantrums said...

that is super sweet!!!!!

Julie said...

Oh Allison...that brought tears to my eyes! How sweet!!

Amber Dupree said...

Aw!! My heart just melted!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

How very lovely! Wonderful memory to keep.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I remember those days with my older kids. Now days, the Little Imp enjoys to "pretend" to read to her daddy and I...although she's getting so close to be able to read on her own, it won't be long before she's actually reading to use...for real.

Jo Y said...

Awww Allison that is just the cutest, they look so sweet reading together, long may it continue :)