March 10, 2009

The Royal Bedchamber

Well, it is finally here. The day to graduate our little princess from her nursery to her big girl room. After much planning and ordering and lastly, preparing myself mentally, we are ready for her to see it for the first time!

Her nursery theme was Poodles in Paris. Her walls were pink with white trim and her furniture was black. I really wanted to try to keep it the same, but just couldn't find the bedding I liked for the price I wanted (found a really cute one, but way out of our budget). So, the only criteria moving forward from that plan was to keep the walls pink and use a theme that would work well with her Eiffel Tower lamp base.

BEFORE
As you may remember, we chose Pottery Barn furniture and bedding. We are going with a fairy tale/princess theme. So, are you just dying to see the transformation? I wish I had some way of doing a sprinkle of pixie dust to make the pictures go from before to after like on the Oprah show makeovers...but I don't, so you'll just have to scroll down.

So, without further ado, welcome to her majesty's royal bedchamber (imagine trumpets blasting dun, dun, da, duh...hehe)!

While the furniture was delivered, Cate was at a neighbor's house with her little friend, Brooke. Once the furniture was set up and I had a chance to make the bed and accessorize, I called my neighbor and they brought Cate back. My neighbor and I were in the room to get pictures and video and Max brought her in for the first time. She was a little confused for a few seconds, but then squealed with excitement.
After a celebratory lunch with Brooke and her mom, we headed home for the first nap in her new bed. I have to admit, I was a little nervous...would she go down, would she cry, would she stay in the bed/room! So, I laid her down and rubbed her back for a few minutes, then closed the door. About 15 minutes later, I heard a few noises coming from the monitor and went to check it out. She was still in the bed, but sitting up reading her Disney Princess Storybook. I told her it was nap time and to lay back down. Luckily, she didn't fight me and laid right back down. I left and within about 10 minutes, this is what I found...

Yeah!!! One success down, bedtime to go! At this point, I wasn't sure if she would just come downstairs when she woke up or if she would just cry or what. Two hours later, I went to check on her and I opened the door to...

As I write this, we are about to go upstairs for bedtime. I hope that it will be another success. However, I am prepared for the worst...getting up multiple times and coming downstairs in the middle of the night! We'll see!

For more Wordful Wednesdays, visit Angie at SevEn cLoWn CirCuS

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the room and the pics- she looks so grown up and what a sweet pic of Max showing her the room. Hope tonight goes well- see you all in a week.

Anonymous said...

It looks great! And she is such a doll. She looks delighted with her new big-girl room. :)

We need to do that with Lilly too, but since she's not yet protesting the crib I'm trying to delay until summer.

jen@odbt said...

Her room is beautiful. I love how the bed curves - it's very much a girly girl's room. Fit for a princess. I love the picture of her holding on to her bed rail with the biggest smile. Great job Allison!

Unknown said...

Cate is so cute and the room is perfect! COngratulations on a job well done and a little girl staying in her bed for her nap! WHOO HOO!!!

Halftime Lessons said...

Boy Allison, that room is fantastic...makes my daughter's look like a dungeon. ;-)

Jay

tiarastantrums said...

love this - my baby girl has pink and pink (two shades) and black for her nursery as well. She is ready for big girl furniture too!! LOVE that bed - is it pottery barn - I couldn't tell if the black or the white furniture was from there??

Love the ME door fob!!

Claremont First Ward said...

THe room definitely is befitting of your princess. It looks wonderful. I loved the nursery, too.

Allison said...

The bed/dresser/nightstand is the Olivia Furniture from Pottery Barn! Bedding is the Elizabeth Toile Bedding!

Unknown said...

Oh, the room is great and I love the photo of her laughing. She is so beautiful.

Simply AnonyMom said...

The room looks wonderful. She is adorable. LOVE the bed!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

what an adorable room and lil girl!

Simply Sara said...

What a lovely room- fit for a princess!
Your daughter looks so excited to be in her Big Girl Bed. She is so cute!

A Family Completed... said...

Oh my I would love either of the rooms! That bed it to die for! You daughter is a little cutie patootie too!

Cecily R said...

Wow!!! What a lucky little girl you have!!!! BOTH rooms are gorgeous!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh.....love all the pinks!!! And your daughter is just plain and simply, a DOLL!!

My Wordful is filled with fireflies, fantasy and fairies today, won't you stop by to keep her company? Happy Wednesday!

Terra said...

what a lucky and beautiful little girl! She is going to love her room for years to come!

Julie said...

That is SO precious! SO glad she slept on it for her nap with no problems! Yay!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, how SWEET!!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the room; it looks so cute!

And isn't lovely when your kids pleasantly surprise you? I hope your night went just as well as the nap.

FROGGITY! said...

oh WOW! that room is almost as cute as the little girl that lives there! too precious!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it. I should have you come and do all of my little princesses rooms! I am sure she will love it tons for years and years. How does sleeping in the big girl bed go. This is the only part I hate. They can get out!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Susie said...

What a gorgeous room!! You have exquisite taste:-)

Ali said...

Very cute! I love that plate with her name on it--so pretty!

Angela said...

Ok first of all I must say her nursery was adorable. The pink walls look so great with the black furniture! I LOVE black cribs!! Moving our youngest from a nursery to a big boy room was so heartbreaking for me not just because of the growing boy BUT I LOVED HIS ROOM!! However, HER REACTION would have made it all worth it! Great job!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely so cute!!!!

Jennifer said...

Her room is SO pretty (both before and after)!! I love the bedding you chose!

It's great she adjusted so well--I'll be crossing my fingers that things continue to go well!

Lorie said...

Wow....I hope her transitioning continues to go well. Thanks for your kind comment.

sassy stephanie said...

I want to sleep in that room!!!

Love her face in the bed! Too cute!

Jenni said...

It looks beautiful...and she is adorable!

Momisodes said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous room, before and after :)

Hope bedtime went just as successfully!

The Buntens said...

Allison, that is just awesome. Her expression about her new room is priceless!!!

I can't wait to finish my daughters. We need to paint!

Love your new profile pic - cute hair!

Jo Y said...

I love the furniture so pretty and what a good girl she is, she obviously loves her big girl bed :-)

Anonymous said...

Her room looks wonderful!!! Her bedroom looks fit for a princess!!! I love the letters that spell out her name. =)

Chris said...

beautiful room! :D